Are you a newbie mum? Sleep deprived, baby food covered and a bib over your shoulder are apt descriptions for you these days? Worry not ,dear mummies, as what you are facing has been faced by so many more before you. Being a new mum can be a little difficult to wrap your head around. Especially when the little one has you wrapped around his or her little finger. For the first few months, you have to accept that your days and nights will all be about this little fellow. Planning your day with this little addition is not an issue though. Set a schedule for your baby so that you can find time for yourself and get your chores done. We have for you a schedule that you can follow for your toddler and you for a better managed day.
- 7:30 am: Wakey Wakey! Diaper change and breakfast
- 8:30 am: Crafty or learning activities such as coloring, book reading or flash cards
- 9:30 am: Playtime for the little one
- 10:30 am: Snack, more play inside or outside (if possible due to weather or other circumstances that might affect the baby’s health)
- 12:00 pm: Feed lunch to the little one
- 1:00 pm: Nap time
- 3:30 pm: Wake the little fellow up again. Time for a little snack and some screen time followed by more play.
- 5:15 pm: Dinner time
- 6:00 pm: Bath time
- 6:30: Tuck the little one into bed after brushing his or her teeth. Spend some time with your baby reading books to them followed with some mother baby time filled with hugs and kisses, cuddles and snuggles.
- 7:15 pm: Bed time.
This can be one option for your toddler’s daily routine. You can come up with your own schedule depending on your routine and your lifestyle. Making a schedule will help you better manage the day.